Wednesday 6 February 2013

The Mine



Chapter 1  
  I've had a busy day today, I've finally done my GCSES! I had to do my homework and tidy the whole boat! We live on a boat, me and my dad. Mum's been gone for 4 years now. We don't know were shes gone, but all we know is she went on holiday to China. Dad's been worrying for the last 4 years now.
I kept worrying about mum as I wrote my diary. Just then the door of my cabin opened and dad popped his head round the door and whispered,
"Are you ready?"
"Almost," I replied cheerfully.
As he shut the door, I cheered,
"YIPPEE!!!!"
I had totally forgotten about my walk in the woods. Dad said he didn't want to come in case mum came.
"Here we are, Calvin Woods," smiled dad, "I'll come and pick you up at 4.15 OK Alice?"
"Sure," I smiled back.
As I was walking down the foot path, I saw a wooden door way. I looked it up and down.
"What is this?" I said out loud even though I was on my own.
I decided to find out.
Chapter 2
In my wellies I slopped through the water on the floor, until I came to a iron gate. I gently nudged it and it swung open. It had a bend in the corner, so I climbed through the gate and turned the corner. What I saw before me took my breath away. A city! It had cars bustling about, round about 30 odd buildings and people everywhere! I saw a sign above the tallest building and this is what it said,
                                                Welcome to Ashlington Town
I stared bewildered. We had learnt in science about a mine that had a city inside, but I had not believed it. It all sounded like another one of Mrs.Cal's old tales. Mrs.Cal is the cook on our boat and she goes shopping for sweets for me. She's very nice. Suddenly I heard shouting and screaming. I looked down and now the people were miniature!
"What's the matter?" I asked.
"Go away!" screamed a little girl.
I didn't want to harm them so I clambered back out of the mine. I ran back to the entrance of the wood and Dad was waiting there for me.
"You've been a long time, where have you been?" he said looking surprised.
He drove us back to the boat and I collapsed on my bed.
"Are you OK?" asked Dad
"Yeah fine, just a bit tired," I replied.

2 comments:

Bev said...

Oooh, can't wait for chapter 3!
Bev

Michelle said...

Thanks Bev!!!!!



Hollie